Jen creates safe, inclusive, learning spaces for people to explore and share stories of importance to them. Whether assisting people learn a new skill, deal better with their inner critic, document a family history, or sharing leadership on a project Jen focuses on engaging people’s heart, body and mind.
As registered psychologist, consultant, oral historian and playback theatre practitioner Jen has undertaken engagement, leadership development, training and story projects for communities, government and business. She also works as a counsellor and creative therapist in private practice.
Jen values Inclusion; Creativity; Connection; Fun; Engaged Learning
Jen has held leadership roles for Queensland with Disability Network (QDN), Amparo Advocacy and Red Thread Stories, Leadership Unit, Queensland Alliance. She develops people’s leadership skills her workshops, co-design processes with a recent focus on Women Transforming Leadership. With Campfire Coop she co-created a Community of Practice for people with mental health issues working in the community sector.
As a skilled facilitator and trainer she assists people to learn and grow working in organisations QDN, Shelter, Belong (Acacia Ridge Community Centre) Aftercare, ARAFMI, Institute for Urban Indigenous Health, Department of Housing and Communities, Meaningful Ageing.
Jen assists people record the stories of their community and family, conducts oral histories for the National and Queensland State Library and runs My Ancestral Story workshops to assist people explore the impact of their family story on their life.
Jen uses Acceptance Commitment Therapy, narrative therapy as well as creative approaches. She also worked as a psychologist with the LGBTI community at Queensland Aids Council.
Details of her career in her Resume 2020.
● Graduate Diploma in Local, Family and Applied History, University of New England.
● Graduate Diploma in Psychology, University of Queensland.
● Bachelor Of Business Management, Queensland University of Technology.
● Workplace Certificate IV Training and Assessment.
Memberships and Affiliations
● Member, Australian Psychological Society and AHPRA Registered psychologist
● Member, Oral History Association of Australia
● President and Founding member Red Thread Stories Australia Inc who use Playback Theatre to connect and engage people through stories
● Board member, Amparo Advocacy for people with disability from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
● Member Campfire Co-op
● Member Australia and New Zealand Association Contextual Behavioural Science